Tuesday 1 May 2018

Updates...

Okay, I'm getting back into writing. I have someone cracking the whip on me to make sure that I keep on track. I even managed 5 K yesterday and that's with gasbagging to people on social media. and the funny thing is they don't even work for my publishing houses they work for another one... but they are taking the time every now and again to give me the kick in the arse I need.

I'm hoping to hit 60K on The lines of Marsden 4: The Trail of Red Roses by this Sunday  I know once I get past 50K I'll start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sad to say, I'm already deviating from the synopsis that I plotted out. Will I ever learn to follow the damn plan? now I have to try and work my way back around to the storyline so it ends up where it's supposed to. Life would be so much easier if I could just stick to the notes I'd meticulously written out... but no... not me... my characters had to go and get all gnarly and start ad-libbing the story to suit themselves. Honestly, I'll be damn glad when this story is done.

It also doesn't help that as soon as I get into a good writing rhythm I suddenly have new story ideas jump into my head... so I have to stop everything and write down notes so that I don't forget anything. It might only be a couple of hundred words, but the last one was 3 K... which would have been better spent being written into one of my current WIPS instead of story idea notes that will just wind up in my back burner books until I can get to it at a later date.

On that note, I will away as I have another 5K to write today.

No comments:

Post a Comment