Wednesday 10 January 2018

Taking Breaks From The Computer.

I don't know about other authors, but I'm a bad one for forgetting to take breaks from the computer. I always end up with sore eyes because of this. so I'm trying to train myself this year to take breaks at reasonable times.

I'm also going to limit my social media time so that I don't get sidetracked and find hours have passed and no writing has gotten done. this was one of my worst traps last year. and I'm determined not to relapse this year. I need to meet my quota each week and I'll never get it done if I keep getting sidetracked. so I will get on the first thing in the morning and check my messages and then I will turn off social media so I can fully concentrate fully on my writing. By the end of this week, I want to at least say that I have reached 40+ K on The Lines of Marsden 4: The Trail of Red Roses.

While on these breaks I need to get up and walk around and do some exercises, or a bit of housework. just to keep my body moving so that I'm not constantly sitting in my chair because that can't be good. I always feel stiff and sore if I've sat for too long. 

Also if I type for too long my fingers ache. I think it may take me a little while to get back into the swing of things again. I miss being able to write the way I used to. I find I now need to rub arthritis cream into my hands each night and sometimes each morning━It sucks getting old. Yeah, I know I'm only turning 49 (in what is it? About 26 days━shit that came around fast)... but some days I feel 89. I think I need to rethink my diet again and eat better to get my brain energy going to help me write more efficiently. Well, at least to keep me focussed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment