Friday 5 January 2018

I Have An Ouchy... & Other News

I have had a little accident. Nothing major and honestly it's not even enough to keep me down. I went to Bunnings this week and dropped a piece of wood on my foot (not even a heavy piece) and it just hit my foot (which was in a sandal) at the wrong angle and put the smallest of cuts on it. It bled like nobodies business (thank God Emily had band-aids in my handbag still from when she had blisters━bad news I'm allergic to the sticky stuff on band-aids) but not my foot is all bruised and a pain in the arse to walk on. The wound and bruising are near my big toe on my left foot. So for the next little bit I'll be taking it easy, or at least I'm going to try... which is usually code for I'll be busy as hell and it'll take twice as long to heal.

Well, I never got as much writing done this week as I would have liked. I've actually spent the week cleaning house. One day I set up my spare room as a nursery for when my granddaughter is born for when I'm looking after her when Emily is at uni and Elliot is at work... only a couple of hours for two days a week, but she needs her own room. especially when she's sleeping. the rest of the time has just been general house and yard work.

I know I can still catch up on what I missed out writing wise this week in the next couple of weeks. I have Emily's baby shower on the sixth, but after that, I should be golden and then my writing life will hopefully get back to normal. I will give you a weekly update every Friday to let you know how I'm going with my 2018 writing schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment