Thursday 20 September 2012

How Much Sex Is Too Much?

I have spent a lot of time reading and I have to ask - "How much sex is too much?" Whatever happened to the main focus of the book actually being the storyline? I have come to the conclusion that some people believe that gay men & women spend 99% of their time fucking... I am like: Seriously, how is that even possible?

While I am having my mini rant on all things writing. I know people like their HEA in their stories and I put my hand up with them all saying I am just like the rest. But, come on, we all know that real life isn't HEA some of the time - lying/cheating/bullying all of these things happen. (I know we all want to escape from reality for just a bit but then for us writers our wonderful editors  need the stories to have some semblance of realism about them). I have two books where there are instances of cheating in them. I know without a doubt some people will just refuse to read them, and I have to ask: Why? sometimes the cheating is there to make the story better; especially when the story line revolves around the problems they must face and overcome because of it. For those of you who will avoid them like the plague I will forewarn you they are: Windblown Kisses: My knight in Tarnished Armour & Taking Chances: Lie to Me.

I am finally over my rant for now so I will say goodbye and will talk to you all on another day.

2 comments:

  1. I am one of them that has a small problem with cheating i will read the book if i am warned but it takes me longer to get through the book. So bring it on. I will rant and cry about it but hey the story is told how the characters need it.

    Cinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, Darlin. I promise in both stories it is necessary and in Taking Chances If you skip the first few pages you will miss it completely but in the other it is somewhere in Chap four(I think). But hey, this is something that really happened within my circle of family/friends so I am gonna tell the whole story and not half. Unless of course I change my mind during the re tweaking because I can work it so the cheating isn't in it - wow Cinders you just gave me a whole new scene - Thanks, babe.

      Delete