Wednesday 29 June 2011

Weekly Read



This week I have chosen as my book of the week: The Cat's Meow- Assassin's Pride: Book 1...  By Stormy Glenn.  I fell in love with the main characters Gage Tynan & Noah Anderson

This is a story that pulled me in from the very first page where innocence meets ruthlessness, and didn’t back down.  It had me reaching for the tissues a number of times.

Noah Anderson’s OCD style of order in his life drew me towards him in an instant.  His compassion and understanding of how things were made my heart tug just that little bit more in his direction.

Gage Tynan is a bad arse, and knows he is a bad arse...  He sees what has to be done, and knows exactly what to do to achieve it... until now.  Everything he has ever known about how to take out a target is thrown out the window when Noah Anderson steps into his life.

Ms Glenn has written this story beautifully, this is a story that I am sure will be on many people’s re read lists

Noah’s antics as he faces the knowledge that he is about to cease to exist at the hands of the strange but attractive Gage, tell the true story of how kind he really is.  He is ok with the dying, as long as Gage keeps his promise to take care of his cat Precious.

I found it intriguing watching Gage’s life slowly turn around as he realised that he is not the scariest thing out there.  I loved how Noah slowly dragged Gage into the place where Gage was now the protector and not the killer.

Ms Glenn showed that by standing together Noah and Gage were stronger than if they faced their problems alone...  By putting aside their initial conflict they banded together to help each other through their own demons.

Gages knowledge that he was meant for better things was an amazing storyline to follow, as his understanding of what was happening came to life he manned up and took control... proving not only to himself, but us as readers, that when fighting for what’s right you have to dig a little deeper... even when what you are fighting for turns out to be a little different and a lot more complicated then what he first thought.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I know that you will too, I can’t wait for the next instalment in this series. And have no problem’s telling you if you haven’t already read this then you are missing out.

The beautiful cover was done by: Reese Dante

I will end with my favourite lines of this story.

“Okay, what should I do now?”  Noah asked, his voice sounding low and shaky. “How is this done?  Are you gonna shoot me or stab me or something else?  What would be easiest for you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment