Thursday 30 June 2011

Another Snippet

This is a little snippet from a book I have called Jettermane, it is a Vampire/Alien book. the main character is Jett ( Jettermane) who somehow ended up on earth as a baby, and and on his 21st birthday he is being taken home to the world he belongs to.  The Vampire World: Ximenez. Once there, Jett can grow and flourish as he never could before, even as he must learn exactly who he is and what is expected of him.  His destiny is to take his place as the Xerx (Kings spouse) of his people.  He must learn to stand beside Blayze his king and husband, and lend his strength to help rule over the people.  While trying to find out who is killing the citizens of Thorndyke off one by one.



In the beginning

Jett lay in bed and stared at the ceiling, he hated being here.  There were just too many crazy people.  He was pissed that his parents thought of him as a complication in their perfect lives.  Mention once that you dreamed of being a vampire, and the next thing you know you wake up in a strange room; strapped to a bed with someone shoving little pink pills down your throat.  His mother had been to see him once, though, only to stare at him through the glass petition.  The palm of her hand pressed to the glass as tears streamed down her face.  He watched as she mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ before turning away.

That had been almost five years ago, and he was still here in this same room.  The only difference was that now he wasn’t strapped to the bed.  The strange thing was, that he still dreamed of being a vampire; except now his dreams were much more vivid, and involved other people.  Who they were; he did not know, but they felt familiar to him.  He knew they were also vampires.  He could tell by the colour of their skin, so pale, and by the colour of their eyes or lack thereof.  Their eyes were pale grey almost like there was no colour at all; when they neared him he felt the coolness of them pass.

They spoke to him as if he was one of them.  Sometimes he wished he was, then, maybe some of this would have made sense.  Because, this place just sucked all the fun out of living.  He almost wished that his dreams were real.  It would be nice to think he had someone on the outside that cared about him.  Someone he could go to when they finally let him out, if they ever let him out.

Chapter One

“Jett, wake up!”  I was vaguely aware that I was dreaming, yet tonight it was more vivid then I had ever dreamt before.  “Come on man, wake up.  We have to get the hell out of here.  They’re coming.”  Who was coming?  “Three minutes damn!  What am I going to do?  Sorry I have no alternative I have to do this, we gotta go.”

I felt a small sharp jab in the base of my skull and my whole body seemed to twist itself inside out. What the hell was happening?  My eyes flew open only to be blinded by the brightest light that I have ever seen.  My heart was pounding so hard that it felt like it was trying to jump right out of my chest.  I tried to focus on the noise around me; it was like nothing I had ever heard before.  My scream got lost in the sound that tore through my head.  

‘Oh crap, I was dead.’

Death is a funny thing.  Firstly, I never thought it would be this painful.  It kinda feels like a massive hangover; or that you have survived being smashed in the head repeatedly with a sledge hammer.  Secondly, I was extremely thirsty… my throat felt so dry, and it tickled with an itch I couldn’t scratch.

4 comments:

  1. Oh don't stop, keep going, keep going! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? whats next???????
    come on this is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More more more!! You have me intrigued already! I agree with Tiffany M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay I am going to start running this as my second blog story... first episode will more then likely be this one again as it will freshen it up in peoples minds...LOL so bear with me.

    ReplyDelete