Wednesday 25 May 2011

Weekly Read




This week I choose Z. A. Maxfield's: Drawn Together as my weekly read.

I absolutely love this book right from the first moment I started reading it. Rory Delaplains just sucked me right into his world and made me want to be part of it.  Just by breathing he made the world a better place; and that was before he even laid eyes on Ran Yamane.

I loved the calm that Rory brought into Yamane's life; his heart was gone before his body was willing. Rory to me is a strong character that I think Z. A. Maxfield has written beautifully. His instinct to protect fuelled by his hearts need.  Where as Yamane's world was chaotic; created by the psychotic Stalker that was hell bet on making Yamane her's or making him pay; Amelia was determined to take what was hers.

This is a book that is always with me no matter where I am, because no matter what I am doing. I know that the moment I start reading, I will be transported into Rory & Yamane's world.  Drawn Together is truly one of those books that I wish there could be on to follow.

I love the way that Z. A. Maxfield wrote them as being the Ying & Yang that compliment each other beautifully, and together they were a force to be reckoned with. I could not imagine them being any other way. and I congratulate that this book even though it held a dark element with Amelia stalking Yamane, the book itself wasn't filled with hate.  So many people they came across in their flight from Amelia, were willing to help and in return be helped by them.  We got to meet so many interesting people in their travelling.

Proves that behind every dark cloud there is a sliver lining just waiting to appear.  I would have no problems recommending this book to anyone to read as it is such a fantastic book. I can guarantee that from the moment you first begin your journey through Rory and Yamane's world you will be hooked and come another willing groupie.

I will end with my favourite lines from this book:

Yamane reached out a hand.  "You've got something on your lip," he murmured, rubbing it gently with his thumb.

"What?"  Rory froze.

"Me," said Yamane, Closing the distance for a kiss.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! :D You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma, this wasn't my first m/m read, but it was the one that rocked my world and converted me to the genre. And I have to say, ZA's writing isn't exceptional in the fact that it's wonderful m/m, but in the fact that she tells an amazing, wonderful story, regardless of the genders of the leads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. Drawn Together is one of the three books on this genre that I've read so many times I can quote from it. Excellent story and outstanding characters. I love Ran Yamane.

    ReplyDelete