Tuesday 17 May 2011

My Book Of Twisted Thoughts

I thought I would give you a taste of some of the very first writing I ever did. I wrote poetry for nobody but me.  If you are hoping for happily ever after then you may want to skip over this blog post.  It is not called My Book Of Twisted Thoughts for nothing.  I can't promise that you will like it.  I can't even promise that it is any good...  I will let you read it and make up your own mind.


RUNNING SCARED

Twisted thoughts inside my brain,
Slowly sending me insane,
Mixed up pictures oy who you are,
Pushed my mind a touch too far.

See you in places you cannot be,
Running, hiding, scared of me,
Hold out my hand, but you turn away,
Invite you in, but you will not stay.

Through tortured eyes I watch you sleep,
Toss and turn with troubles deep,
Moonlight shines apon your face,
you seem so perfect... yet out of place.

Drawn to you by a thread in time,
A troubled past not left behind,
Wraps me up in a cloak of pain,
But it's my turn now to play the game.

If I can't have you then no one may,
So just stop pushing me away,
A tortured saying inside my head,
'Would it be better to wake up Dead?'

A blocked out past comes to light,
Memories of a long ago night,
Remember what you had to do?
Remember what you put me through?

Recogmition is now in place,
Mixed with shame, or just disgrace,
Terror born by what we shared,
It's your turn now for running scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment