Tuesday 24 May 2011

Music & Other Random Thoughts

The strangest thing just happened to me... went to do this post for today and ended up in a speed dating site... It was so not what I expected... neither did the poor girl that was at the other end as my name wasn't Ryan.

Okay got that random thought out of the way and am onto the music.

when I write I have music that I have for certain couples... in my The Lines of Marsden series when I am writing scenes for Christian & Michael I like to listen to all things Nickelback... when I wrote for Michael & Doyle I listened to Matchbox 20. and when I write for the younger generation it is Sickpuppies that get most of my airtime.  I find it helps put me in whatever mood I am aiming for.

I am pretty eclectic with my music tastes, in my car at the moment I have Adam Lambert... awesome singer.
On my iPod it is a lot of Pub Rock like: The Angels, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, AC/DC, etc. though I do have a fair bit of other stuff like Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, 3 Doors down, Maroon 5, The Cure... Yet strangely looking at my list I have no Bowie... and we all know that he is my most favourite person on the earth. In my stereo in the house I have Good Charlotte... love dancing to them while I clean the house.  Actually just went and saw them in concert last month... they were with New Empire which is a Sydney band, and Short Stack; who I think may also hail from Sydney but I could be wrong on that... didn't think I would like Short Stack... yet I have to admit that the lead singers is very entertaining.

My family is always telling me to shut up, I put my iPod on and crank it right up and sing loud. A funny story: one night my hubby woke up and I was asleep singing The Wallfowers: One Headlight, and when my hubby took out my earphones, the song that was playing was Silverchair's: Israel's Son.  He has never let me live that down. says I say One Headlight perfectly.  He thought it was hysterical because they are such completely different in tempo.  I just pointed out they were both great songs.


On that note I will leave you with this quote; "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment