Thursday 19 May 2011

Hero's

Everyone has a hero and this is mine... David Bowie.


This wonderful man has had so many different faces through out the years that it is amazing that he is as sane as he is.  He gives me hope that if you try hard enough then you will succeed at anything you put your mind to.  I have loved him through his crazy youth to his more mellow and mature years... and still to me he sings like an angel.

When I am having a rough day I know I can put on one of his CD's and lose myself for just a little while in his voice.  Though I do have to wonder sometimes about the Lyrics... but he makes me laugh with songs like: The Laughing Gnome (Oh, come on, it is a classic).  Brings tears to the eye with: Within You, from the Labyrinth Soundtrack... But if you asked me to sing a song off the top of my head, Lady Stardust immediately jumps to mind.


My Favourite Album: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.



My favourite Movie: The Labyrinth.

I have read many autobiographies on David's life, and even though many do not show his rise to fame in a good light. 

He will forever and always be my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment