Thursday 26 May 2011

Favourite Characters

What makes a great character?



I got asked recently who was the best character that I have ever read... it made me sit and think because I have read so many wonderful books but I am going to list my top five favourite characters. These are listed in no particular order.



1- Sparhawk: from David Eddings series': The Elenium Trilogy & followed by The Tamuli Trilogy. Sparhawk is a leader among men... even if his wife Queen Ehlana does get the better of him on many occasions.


2- Acheron Parthenopaeus: From Sherrilyn Kenyon's Series: Dark Hunters's.  Mainly because he wears such awesome clothes... Well that & he is a God, who's heart is always in the right place even if he can't change what is going to happen.



3- Mercy Thompson: From Patricia Briggs' series: Mercedes Thompson.  This girl isn't afraid of anything and she has a wicked sense of humour as well. She takes shit from no one not even her own mate.


4- Johnny Stone: From Lynn Hagen's series; Brac Pack.  This character just has a beautiful personality which comes out in all of the books, he has no internal filter which I absolutely love... and pulls some funny pranks when he teams up with his best friend Keata.


5- Edward Beauregard III: From Lynn Lorenz's series: Common Powers.  Edward just captures your heart, he makes you both laugh and cry as he and his bulldog Winston, both rock and throw into utter chaos Chief of Police Jack Whittaker's life.

I have many others that I absolutely love, and may give you a list of them later on but all the above mentioned books and series are so worth the read... I know you will love them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment